Sunday, August 2, 2015

CURRENTLY August!

Summer sure is getting in the way! haha
I'm linking up a day late and will probably be 982379837 on the list...but don't care :)

Link up with Farley and her beloved Currently!

LISTENING: Hubs is flipping through channels, falling asleep, changing channels, falling asleep...
LOVING: Summer, summer, summer! It's FINALLY HOT in Chicago and I am LOVING it! I LOVE the hot weather. I plan my day outside all day. (not loving the nasty storms we've had in IL this year...can we say storm/hail/wind damage??? not as bad as those poor people who lost their homes from those dang tornadoes)
THINKING: Everyone is BTS shopping and getting their classrooms ready... We are officially allowed in tomorrow. I don't see myself going in for at least another week. You all know I have a new job this year...So I don't have all those tedious things to do. I *think* I have ONE bulletin board in my office. So not worried... I mean, how weird will it be that I won't even have students the first couple of days of school?!?!? I can't even fathom this!
WANTING: Just ordered Learn Like a Pirate and Fish in a Tree on Saturday (yesterday) and it was on my front porch Sunday (TODAY)! Impressive Amazon Prime!!! Now, I want to dig into those books...I bet those will get my groove going (but I'm REALLY enjoying summer now). I'd enjoy them even more at The Dunes!
NEEDING: AHHH. Got a new Mac in June, and I JUST realized I haven't reinstalled all my fonts! So I'm stuck with "Chalkduster" for now. 
B2S RAK: A new teacher inherited 17 years of great stuff! I have more to give away...And it's not old and unusable stuff. It's great stuff-for real. 

Anywho, Link up...so fun to chat with other people! 
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to meet another IL blogger as well! I envy your relaxed-ness at this time of year. If tomorrow were my first day allowed back in my classroom, I'd be there in a heartbeat. I'm one of those crazies that goes in periodically throughout the summer.

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your cute blog on Farley's Currently!
    Fish in a Tree is on my "To Do List". I also want to read "Multiplication Is for White People". School starts tomorrow for me so I'm not sure when I will fit it into my schedule!
    Good luck getting your room fixed. I'm sure it will be adorable once you've finished! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie,

    I'm in Chicago also and summer is finally here! I was outside watching the lightning tonight - it was incredible! Good luck with the start of your school year!

    -Lauren
    @iTeacherLauren
    www.iteacherlauren.com

    ReplyDelete