Thursday, January 1, 2015

It's Currently January of 2015!

Well HELLO 2015! Lots of 2014 was rough…Looking forward to a clean slate.
One of my FAVORITE things of 2014 was going to my first Dallas Cowboys' game (at Soldier Field).
Hope we take it all the way!


I'm linking up with Farley and her Currently Linky…
Here's mine!
LISTENING: When I started writing this the kids were playing Deal or No Deal on the Wii. So funny to listen to them get bummed when a big money case is opened or excitement over a little dollar amount. Now they've moved on to watching TV. I have a feeling we will all be moving slowly today.
LOVING: I am seriously loving being home. I have 500,000 things I should be doing, but am just enjoying whatever happens. Back to reality on Monday.
We've enjoyed the zoo, bowling, dinners out, hanging out...


Look at how close the leopard was at the zoo! Usually he's up on top of the rock. He was so pretty up close!

THINKING: I took down one tree right after Christmas so it could get out to the curb for pick up-plus I didn't want the tree to dry out and get needles all over. LOVED having a fresh tree this year…

WANTING: I'd love a bunch of money to update our house. We've been here 12 years and still have the same carpet and furniture in the family room. I desperately need to update… Please donate your cash. HAHA.
NEEDING: I need to get lesson plans done for next week and get two discussion boards done. ick. I'm officially half way through my Reading Master's… I'll be happy when it's OVER…This other Master's will push me to the max lane on the pay scale. Couldn't pass it up…no telling what the next contract will bring. 
YES: I WILL cut back on pop. I gave it up completely last year over Christmas Break… Just the past couple of months I started drinking it again…and it's ohhh so good!
MAYBE: I'll add exercise. We bought a treadmill for the family…I've done a mile. Need to be consistent… But I'm ok if I don't…I have too much going on that diet and exercise is just not a priority at the moment (I'm thankfully completely healthy besides that).
I WISH: I want to go on a big vacay this year with my family. Hoping to make it happen…but for now it's a wish.
Happy New Year! I hope 2015 is good to you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I didn't add thinking about taking down Christmas decorations on my currently, but that is something that we plan to do over the next few days! We also love getting a real tree, but the pine needles make a huge mess!! I like to keep my snowman stuff out though for winter! Still makes it feel festive!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie,
    You have a lovely blog. Wow, you already took your tree down. That's my plan for today. Thankfully the hubby and kids brought the storage boxes upstairs. It's best to have all of this done before school begins on Monday. Have a wonderful year.
    Happy 2015!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your post. You have adorable girls. It looks like they do a lot together - that's so nice!

    We also have taking down Christmas decorations on the agenda today. Hopefully, we get it done, too.

    Have a great 2015!

    Shane
    Math is Fundamental

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas decoration take down always makes me sad, but I feel relaxed once I get them all put up!

    Happy New Year!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pulling for the Cowboys too! I've loved being home with my daughter for break and am dreading going back to work. Is it too early to count down to spring break?

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete