Friday, August 1, 2014

It sure is Currently August!

Hey! Where the heck did the summer go?!?!?
Well, in Chicago…it never really got here!
This was a cold summer and I know some peeps loved it…
BUT I WANTED A HOT HOT SUMMER!
Dang, all I asked for is 3 hot months after 20 feet of snow and polar vortexes
and we even had a summer polar vortex…

I know my southern friends have been graciously wanting to trade me their 100's for my 70's
AND I'll TELL YOU…I'd TOTALLY do it! I LOVE it HOT in summer!

Linking up with Farley for her monthly CURRENTLY.
Link up! It's easy, fun, and you'll meet new bloggers.
Here's MY Currently...
LISTENING- You all know my love for music. It gets me going, it brings back memories, it just makes me happy! Holy Grail is long over and now You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring is playing…Another good Jam!
LOVING- Mid-Kid has been wanting her cartilage pierced…we were at the mall today, she wanted to get it done-didn't want to do it alone (she still would have)…SO I did mine too! (We had a hard time taking a selfie-THIS is what we got after about 8 tries)-can you see my tiny dot? haha!
THINKING- I really really really have a lot to do. I moved buildings-we are finally aloud in our rooms   on Monday. I'm already overwhelmed about unpacking. Building still closes on Fridays for summer hours…so that means I have EIGHT days to get it ALL done. But subtract getting Mid-Kids braces off Monday and other prior commitments…YIKES! I know, I know, it'll all come together…Plus this whole grad school thing…yeah, a little much
WANTING- Who doesn't want a longer summer? And like I said…this summer was a little less than a summer. 
NEEDING- Gotta get my mind on work. Need to still create stuff I want to decorate my room with… Need my class list…
FIRST DAY!- I can't even deal with how early the High School starts!!! On top of that…my daughter has had a TON of homework to complete this summer! I get that she's insanely smart and takes all these honors and AP classes…but what is the point of having all this summer work? 
AND WHY OH WHY do we keep starting earlier and earlier…ohhhhhh, testing, that's it! 
I vote for after Labor Day like in the good ol' days! 

IN OTHER NEWS- My kids participate in our local summer reading program at the library… This year, Little Kid won her own Kindle! How exciting is that?!?! 
Enjoy what's left of summer!



7 comments:

  1. You were brave getting a cartilage piercing! I don't think I could do it! Our summer hasn't been super hot, but its definitely humid! It always seems like we get beautiful weather Monday-Friday, and then on the weekend, yuckness and rain! I'll try not to rub in that my school doesn't start until after Labour Day...but I'm sure that your summer starts earlier than ours! Enjoy the time that you have left before all the craziness starts!

    Dawn
    Apples, Owls, and Peppermint Mochas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe where the summer went either. This is my first currently and I love it! So glad I linked up. I also am stressed about getting into my classroom early to put things together, but it doesn't look good for me. Congrats for Little Kid winning a Kindle... That's huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that Summer is fast-paced. We have mostly rain for a few months and also focusing on going to the beach or the lake also.

    Jasmine Hall

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you! My mind is not in school mode quite yet and I didn't do nearly as much as I had hoped to do this summer! Maybe I need to put on a little JT to kick my butt into gear! Good luck with the new year! You got this!

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to find your blog via Farley's Currently. I teach 3rd grade, too : )
    You're a brave mama for getting your cartilage pierced! The nice thing is you can wear matching earrings.
    Good luck in the new school year!
    Renee
    The Third Grade Learning Spot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your name!!! And you are right, I would love 70's for the summer! My kids love summer and swimming and all that though. My mid-kid turned 18 in July and last week got her septum pierced. It doesn't look too bad,but not what I would wish for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree about the weather. I live across the lake in St. Joseph but spent much of my childhood in good ol' Oklahoma and Kansas and I am just aching for some sticky, hot weather! We even got hail here a few weeks ago! I just interviewed for a 3rd grade job today and have a 2nd interview on Friday so I found your blog while searching for 3rd grade bloggers to help me out this year if I get it. Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete