Sunday, August 31, 2014

Currently September-Feeling content

Haven't been on lately…with the start of a new school year in a new school…
been a little busy…but I made it to the Currently party hosted by the one and only…
LISTENING: Little kid has a friend sleeping over and they are watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs…they were giggling, now it's silent. Wonder if they fell asleep.

LOVING: I know we've only been in school for a week and a half, but I truly needed this 3 day weekend! Saturday my oldest and youngest ran/walked a 5k- Color Vibe…I tagged along (insert chauffeur here) and watched all the action. It was really fun! And Mid Kid was crowned Homecoming Queen! If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen the fab photos I've posted!

THINKING: I got TONS accomplished today! Bagged 3 garbage bags of clothes to donate, threw out 4 bags of garbage, finished my last assignment for a grad school class, partly organized my desk area in the loft… Monday I'm tackling laundry and grading papers..

WANTING: I'm loving seeing all the mums at the grocery stores…I need to get me some! My summer flowers are all dreary and half dead. 

NEEDING: I moved to a new classroom and desperately need some book shelves! I have tons of book baskets lining the walls. It's driving me nuts. But it's costly and with BTS expenses for the girls, among other things… it ain't happenin' any time soon.

3 TRIPS: I've always wanted to visit California (plus my sis, her hubs, and 2 beautiful nieces are there), Australia, and New York. One day I will make it to all three. 

And, that's all for now! LINK UP!

13 comments:

  1. Teachers can never have enough bookcases! I hope you figure out a way to get them.

    Krazy Town

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on the September Linky :-) Wow you've been busy! Congrats on your girl being crowned homecoming queen, I'm sure you're so proud! I too moved to a new classroom this year, and it's crazy how more I needed, I hope you were able to find everything you needed. I also hope you have some time to relax soon after you're busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, oh! Kids being quiet is NEVER good....unless they are really sleeping! :) My daughter is at a sleepover tonight too. I live in California, but only moved here a couple of years ago. It was always on my list too.

    Krista
    Teaching Momster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Australia and Cali on my list, too! You should do a Donor's Choose project for bookcases! Let me know if you do, I'd love to donate! :)

    Lindsey
    Thriving in 3rd
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about Austrialia! That would be a fun place to vaycay!!! Have you checked out Wal-Mart? I think they have small bookcases for $12...just build up that collection a little at a time...just like you did with your books!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your daughter! What an honor! I hope my day today can be as productive as your day yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree finding new things for our classrooms add up!! I hope that you are able to get some bookshelves soon!! Congrats to your daughter! That's so exciting that she was named homecoming queen!! I'm sure it was a blast! That's awesome that you were able to get so much cleaning done! That is what we need to do around here, but I feel that so much keeps coming in!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mums are one of my favorite things about fall...that and pumpkin anything! Hope your new school year in a new school is off to a great start!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you that buying things for your classroom can definitely add up. I see you are from Illinois.. just about all of my college friends live in Chicago so I fly out there pretty often. Hopefully you were able to enjoy some of your day off, you sound busy!

    Allie
    http://thepositiveteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you and I are twins- so much of what is going on with you is the same for me! Well, my daughter wasn't homecoming queen, but she has completed a color run. I want to go to Australia and New York. I switched classrooms a year ago and donated my book shelves to my daughter's new classroom....and the front porch ferns are looking sad. Time for mums! I'm telling you we are twins! Have a great week!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I switched schools this year as well! Boy is it exhausting! I swear the to-do list is longer when switching schools! I am also in need of some more bookshelves. I have nowhere for my math manipulatives :-/ I actually found some amazing bookshelves at Target for $17!! That's what I'm using for my library! You may want to check there! Good luck with the new year :)

    Tasha Emmerson
    Confessions of a Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try some second hand stores for book cases and then you can funk them up however you want! Australia is on my vaykay list too. Love your blog!

    Jill
    Apple Bottom Beans

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog through the linky. It's adorable!! I love the colors!!! I've always wanted to visit California too!!
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete