Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day Projects and Teacher Appreciation Week!

WOW! What a fabulous week the moms put on for us! Day one started with all the Teachers' doors decorated to our personalities or room theme or just something we like.
Mine, of course, was ROCK STAR!
The students brought in a flower or drew a flower. PTO had fresh fruit for us in the lounge.
Then we had a SUPER day! PTO made all the teachers super hero capes! They provided us with a super charged breakfast!
Wednesday, PTO provided a hot-off-the-grill BBQ style lunch. DELISH!
The did it up real real nice! We have such creative moms!
Thursday was a day of pampering. PTO placed different lotions in all the bathrooms and supplied us with leg, back, neck massagers in the lounge. There were spa drinks and chocolate. Ahhhh. Refreshed.
And Friday, we were once again spoiled with a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN bar! YUM! 
I'm not usually one for the choco fountain (grosses me out)…but I figured it was adults using it and there's less of a chance someone double dipped ;)  So fancy! And soooo appreciated!
PTO did such a nice job spoiling us for the week! PLUS on Friday, all the teachers had gift cards in their boxes…Mine was for iTunes… and I already spent the WHOLE THING!

MOTHER'S DAY!
Well this snuck up on me…
I was scrambling for an idea and THANK YOU INSTAGRAM…
found the perfect idea! 
Even had a mom email me afterwards to thank me for her most favorite school Mother's Day gift!
That means a lot considering the kids made about 5 or 6 before getting to 3rd grade. 
Here they are…


What I did…
*I took a photo of the kids in the hallway and told them to act like they were handing me a flower.
*Printed those on our color printer and laminated.
*Had the kids paint wooden frames from Michael's ($1 each)…
*The kids made small tissue flowers.
*I used my exacto knife to slice a hole where their hand had an opening (where it looks like they'd hold something) and under the bottom of the hand.
*I fed the flower through the photo.
*Inserted the photo into frame (they don't have covers on them)
*Some wanted 2014 added and some didn't…DONE and adorable!
I'm DEFINITELY doing this project again next year!
 photo 74fd8b35-07a8-4beb-8687-f0de0b153d89_zps5b7d3984.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love the themes for teacher appreciation week! So creative!

    ReplyDelete