Saturday, January 25, 2014

Genius Hour Strong

Another successful week of Genius Hour!
My goal for the week was to have my third graders really focus on what they were doing and how they were getting there.
I know it probably sounds funny, but I was noticing some kids just not know what to do next. I had an extra adult in the room (one of our reading aides who pushed into my class) so I had her help me go around and give encouragement and guidance if needed.
Most of the kids were pumped and working hard. Between the two of us, we were able to check in on every student.
http://anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2014/01/genius-hour-strong.html
 One student, who is working on a China project, just about finished her Prezi and will be ready to present next week.
Another student is still trying to get her hand stand accomplished!
I have a team of boys working on a Minecraft project... On Friday, they worked on some sort of script and one of the boys is bringing in ginormous boxes for something (I'm a bit excited about this).
I'm trying SO HARD to help out my student who is creating clip art. I'm using Gimp Shop (cuz it's free) and I have no idea what I'm doing! I'm trying!!!
The students were so busy, we forgot to blog about it!!! I have all my students set up on KidBlog. I told them to feel free to blog from home! Which reminds me...I need to log in and reply to their projects! I feel like the Blogging will hold them a little more accountable on their accomplishments of the day.
I started a new Wonder board! We called it "We {heart} Wondering" on pink bulletin board paper for Valentine's Day. I'll post a photo next week, I forgot to take one. Like the Yellow Board I had in another post, this will be a place for the students to write their "wonders" as they come up. The students seem to get LOTS of wonders when we read in class!
Stay warm and enjoy!
 photo 74fd8b35-07a8-4beb-8687-f0de0b153d89_zps5b7d3984.jpg





2 comments:

  1. Wow, your classroom is very techie! I'm impressed! I'm afraid I would have to have a lot of training to be able to use ipads, I have never had one. Looking forward to reading more.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of Genius Hour! Letting the kids research what interests them. Great!!
    Found you through Instagram, new follower :)
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete