Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Currently January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's 2014 and I'm linking up with Farley's monthly CuRrEnTLy!
http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2013/12/january-currently.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2Fjtmhg+%28Oh%27+Boy+4th+Grade%29
http://anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2014/01/currently-january-2014.html
 LISTENING-Kids are lounging on the couches, watching Looney Toons and texting friends. I'm good with that.
LOVING- Christmas Break! I really haven't gotten anything accomplished, but enjoying the time with my family, and playing some board games, and laughing, and some extra sleeping...
THINKING- I am SO happy I don't have to go to work tomorrow! Some of my IG teacher friends have to go into work tomorrow! I COULDN'T EVEN IMAGINE! bleh.
WANTING- I hate laundry. And with 3 girls in the house plus ME plus the hubby...that's too much laundry. I'm NEVER caught up no matter how hard I truly try (not trying hard now).
NEEDING- I need to keep drinking water! I'm doing well. As I've posted before, I stopped drinking my beloved Diet Coke two days before Christmas...had some on Christmas (because my mom bought it specifically for me and I felt obligated to drink it)...but haven't had any since (well, besides some sips here or there, when water wasn't available).
CHRISTMAS TRADITION- Every year on Christmas Eve we (my hubby, 3 girls, and myself) take turns reading pages of Twas the Night Before Christmas at bedtime.

Your turn! Go link up and remember to leave a comment on at least 3 blogs!
Enjoy your day!
Photobucket






5 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the laundry! Just never enough time for it, and when you do spend hours (sometimes days) catching up, there is a giant pile there the next day! It never ends!

    Teacher at Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go back to work tomorrow! At least it is only for 2 days and then I get 2 more days off!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your laundry angst (but with two boys and no girls). I'm thinking of hiring someone to do it for me this year... you think I'm kidding, but it is on my goal list. How cool would that be?

    I have to go back to work tomorrow- boo! Enjoy the rest of your break!
    Amy

    Always Adapting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Autumn. I'm going back to work tomorrow, too, but it looks like Friday might be a snow day. Some people are hoping that tomorrow will be a snow day as well.
    Here's a question. How does your school teach reading? Guided reading? Basal? Combination of the two?
    Last year I had a parent who was horrified that we used a basal (of course, she was a teacher herself). Ever since, I've been so conflicted about what way is best.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so lucky with the laundry situation! My hubby loves to do laundry, so as soon as our baskets begin filling he does a load! The kids laundry on the other hand has turned into my responsibility so I have two baskets full of their folded laundry ready to put away! That is almost my least favorite part! Great job with drinking water! I need to cut soda out too, as soon as we go back to work the soda is going to be going away!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete