Thursday, August 1, 2013

Monday-Started it and finished it on Thursday, Currently, BLOGIVERSARY!

I could wait until next Monday to show off my Monday Made It...but I'll have something else for that...So I'll go ahead and share what I started on Monday and finished today.
This is actually the first time I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics...I always stalk everyones ideas, but haven't joined the linky....

This is a little project I wanted to Make LAST SCHOOL YEAR...but didn't get around to it.
I wanted to get a friend a little something for her first full-time teaching job and this door sign was my plan...So I guess it's a Happy-you-are-still-teaching-full-time-at-the-same-place gift...

I used a flat canvas board and used the crafty acrylic paints to paint a few coats...
Sorry it's sideways. I painted several coats of paint and used painter's tape to get straight lines. I traced medicine lids for my circles.
I decided to add some zebra print circles to tie in the zebra ribbon I wanted to use. To attach the ribbon, I drilled two holes and fed the ribbon from the back to the front and knotted. 
I played around with the wired ribbon to get the look I wanted.
Here's the final product!
Sorry for the block out of the last name...I didn't want her name splashed all over my blog and didn't ask her if I could. The colors look better in person, but I love how it turned out! 
I'm dropping it off at her house tomorrow!

NEXT UP is CURRENTLY for AUGUST. YES AUGUST. I was going to go into work today because it's the first day we are allowed in our rooms...but decided to soak up the sun instead.
We finally have a decent day (it's been crummy all week)... so I laid out on my patio, listening to my iPod.  
Cuz' summer ain't done for me yet! 
I'll go in on Monday. My brain will be better wrapped around it.

Link up with Farley! I even saw the early warning that Currently was going to be posted and it took all my might to stay outside and enjoy the weather a little longer before coming in to work on a post.

LISTENING-The news is on in the background. Kids are fishing with hubby down at the pond. Enjoying the silence. (when I got to the description part here...they all came home and were telling me about the fish they caught and it was pretty loud)

LOVING-I got my package from my back to school blogger exchange buddy! It's soooo fun and I LOVE it! I can't wait until we link up with Covered in Glitter and Glue and Adventures of Ms. Smith to show off our goodies! My Buddy should get a package by Saturday!!! I hope he/she loves it! It's kinda nerve-wrecking picking out things for someone you don't know...Hoping for a success!

THINKING-Why is summer over?! I LOVE summer! I LOVE to give my brain and body a break...BUT IT ALWAYS flies by! Then I'm left thinking...I didn't get this and that done...but I did do this and this... Too soon. I'm excited for a new school year, but not the craziness that goes along with it.

WANTING-I would love more people to enter my giveaway! I love a good contest. I know y'all don't know what's in the first package...It's some of my favorite things! I know what's in it... and it's fun, great stuff! So SPREAD the WORD and get some more peeps over here to enter! A little more than 24 hours left! And who can't use a $10 gift card to Target? That's like 10 dollar spot things (besides tax)!

NEEDING- I need to take my girls B2S shopping... for fun stuff like clothes, new shoes, new backpacks....

B2S must haves- 1. NEW, fun pens! I love some fun pens...little things make me happy
                            2. Mr. Sketch Markers...love the smelly markers and I love sharing them with my         
                                students! Orange is my favorite!
                            3. An ear...WHAT?! Yes an ear to listen to you is a B2S must have. You need 
                                someone on your side or at least to listen to you vent, share the good stories, laugh 
                                with...if you are having trouble with this, find someone... It's a must.

And HERE'S A LINK TO MY BLOGIVERSARY Raffle! Click on the pic and it will take you to it!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Photobucket      

12 comments:

  1. Hi Autumn I just found you through Farley's Currently August. Now I am your newest follower. I am just like you, I love smelly markers and fun pens. I feel just like the kids with new school supplies. I hope your year goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I totally "get" the "I need fun, new school supplies"!
      I'm looking forward to a new year, although I LOVED my class last year!

      Delete
  2. LOOOOVE Mr. Sketch pens! And, 'an ear' is GREAT advice! Best of luck this year!!

    Mathematically yours,
    Jamie aka MissMathDork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought an ear was good too... Probably because I was thinking of someone who didn't have an ear and how I have great ears in my corner!

      Delete
  3. You caught my attention with "ear." I read further and I couldn't agree more. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo!!!! Had to come check your post out ;)

    I tried to make your wishes come true by entering your giveaway but I'm not a US peep so I can't :p

    Kind of jealous of the fun blogger exchange too :( I want a package full of goodies haha!

    See you on Instagram... I'm nearly finished my first week back at school! Woohooo!!!! It's been fun! When do you start back?

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I officially start on the 19th and students come in the 21st.

      Delete
  5. I'm off to enter your giveaway! Thanks for reminding us about it. Love the must have - an ear. It's so true. I'm lucky that I have a few of those at my school.

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to have good ears too! I don't know what I'd do without them!!!!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see what you got in your blogger exchange box Autumn!! I am still waiting for mine, the anticipation is killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to share my goodies! It's killing me not to post it on Instagram!

      Delete
  7. Hah, an ear. I was so confused at first! Good thing I kept reading. Excited to start following you!

    Jen
    The Adventures of a New Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete