Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Made It and Blog Hoppin' -Let's Talk About ME

TWO MONDAY MADE ITS!

WOO HOO!
First up, I made those cute little "call on students sticks and know who I've called on"...
This was easy peasy. In fact, I worked on this in-between laying out in the sun!
I gathered some thick popsicle/tongue depressors/ craft sticks...whatever you want to call them
and painted the sticks half  lime green with some craft paint on one side....
went outside...
came back in and painted the other half blue...
went back outside...
came back in and flipped them over and repeated above steps...


After they were dry, I took a Sharpie and wrote the kids' names on them.
Then I put them all in a cup on my desk.
SEE?! Easy!

Now... how do they work? Well I will have them all facing up...let's say...BLUE...
then I pull a stick to call on a student...when I return it to the container...
I will turn it over to LIME GREEN
Then I can easily see which sticks have been pulled...

Next...
I needed to make something to fill the space before and after my cursive alphabet above my white board...
So I went with some of my favorite quotes...
I just needed 4...and I know there are some ADORABLE quotes for sale on TPT, but I just whipped some up...
Since I'm outta ink at home...and have no current plans to get any yet...and wanted this done before work today...
I saved the document as a JPEG, uploaded to Walgreens 1-hour Photo and ordered myself 8x10s to fill the frames...
NOW THE FRAMES...
I bought 4 cheapies at Dollar Tree with the intent on painting them solid colors...
After I picked up my quotes photos... I opened my frames and 3 of the 4 were busted frames!
Me...being a little annoyed and slightly impatient...
HAD TO THINK FAST... (I wanted this project DONE for work today)...
SOOOOOO, I stole my daughter's Duck (Duct) Tape and taped the frames...

I thought they turned out cute.
They are all hanging in my classroom now (forgot to snap a pic).



AND now for the LET'S TALK ABOUT ME...
Fun, fun, fun linky to hook up with I'm Blog Hoppin'. Just click on the pic to take you there to link up.

1. As you can read in my About Me...I married my HS Sweetie... It was meant to be... I went away to college (2 1/2 hours away) and he stayed home and worked. I can't imagine myself with anyone else and love him dearly...no matter how much he drives me crazy... We were married in 1997. Looking at this picture on the computer...it looks soooo old! WOW.
I took a picture of our wedding pic on the wall...it's a huge pic with lots more foresty background...

2. I'm a Sorority Girl-Alpha Sigma Tau... and my youngest daughter just wore one of my college t-shirts to bed the other night! It's dated 1994!!! I about busted up laughing when she came downstairs wearing it! I had to snap her pic and text it to my dear friend -whom I love to death (met in sorority)... She moved off to Texas and I'm here in IL.

3. Speaking of Texas...I'm a HUGE DALLAS COWBOYS fan! All my life, I've been a fan! I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO TEXAS! In my school memories book, my kindergarten year... I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader when I grew up... That didn't work out for me...LOL.

4. I swear...a lot. I think I've said this before... but I do. I can turn it on and off. I never swear in front of my own parents (even though my siblings do) and not in front of other peoples' kids. But for sure in front of my own...and they don't swear (around me anyhow)... In fact, we were at a ball game earlier today (got rain delayed and we were outta there)... and the sign said something about foul language... so I turned to my oldest and said "aw sh!%, I better watch my mouth"...

5. I LOVE music. LOVE. It's on all the time. My children LOVE music... they have it on all the time.  I play lots of music in class...I sing (not well, but I don't give a ----). I like most genres of music...with a few exceptions. Right now...I'm loving Blurred Lines...can't get enough of it. If it's on one station, finishes and is playing on another station... I will listen again. I love concerts. I love Pink. She is Kick-@$$.

6. My favorite movies that I quote often are... My Cousin Vinny, Steel Magnolias, Breakfast Club, ELF!!!!!, 13 Going on 30...Love murder mysteries (fiction)... Addicted to James Patterson (book-wise), TV---- Law and Order SVU, The Mentalist, Criminal Minds... Scandal...

7. I AM passionate. I fight for students. I fight for teachers. I speak my mind (even if my mind gets me in trouble). I fight for my children...I cheer them all on... I put all of myself into everything I do! I adopt too many animals that people get rid of... I love nature... I love outdoors, science, environment, worms...I've been passionately teaching for 16 years (entering 16th year).

8. Love to talk and talk and talk (and listen---conversations). I can talk to ANYONE. I've been known to talk to random people and random people talk to me. I chat in lines, at restaurants... I'm chatty. My husband and kids are sometimes embarrassed, but then want to know what was said. I also love to learn about people. Definitely a people person.

9. I'm a piler. I make piles of papers. HOWEVER, I can find the needed paper in any pile like nothing...UNLESS someone has touched my pile! My husband HATES this!

10. I AM LOUD!!!! I get excited! I can't help it! My family (meaning getting together with sisters and brother) is loud! Now my house is loud too! We are LOUD!  One of my students says that everything I say should have an exclamation point after it. Ha ha!  I love to laugh.

OK, at first...I'm all "how am I going to say 10 things about myself" and now I'm all "dang! I can write 10 MORE things!"

If you are still here with me... you must like to chat too! ;)
Have a fabulous day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love to chat and I loved learning more about you! I use those sticks all the time...or Class DoJO! I love your frames and may have to do the same thing with some of my favorite quotes!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad I read this! I am an AST too. (I graduated college in 94.) So I guess that makes us sisters, lol. ;) My husband and I are Cowboy fans as well...haven't been to Texas either. I think it must be the era we grew up in...everyone loved the Cowboys then. I'm a huge talker...voted most talkative in high school.

    I love your quotes! I am totally stealing the Christopher Robin quote for my classroom motto this year. I teach reading intervention, so this quote is perfect!

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE the Christopher Robin quote! So motivating! Breakfast Club (along with 16 Candles and Pretty in Pink) and 13 Going on 30 are some of my favorites, too! Funny thing is, I'm a 90s baby! I even have a neon/80s touch to my classroom this year. I think I was born in the wrong decade! HA!

    Lindsey
    Journey of a Beginning Teacher

    ReplyDelete