Monday, June 3, 2013

May CuRRentLY! {just that for now}

WOW! It's JUNE?!?!?!!! I'm LATE to the Linky Party over at Farley's!
I saw it right when she posted it...but was tooooo sleepy to get my thoughts together...then softball consumed our lives...
Here we go now! LINK UP...
LISTENING...to my dogs bark EVERY time hubby drives by with the mower! Seriously?! Have they never seen hubby mow the lawn?  And I keep yelling "SHUT UP!!!!" hahaha...then I hear a little whine from them like...fine, we will. In our house, we are only allowed to tell the dogs to shut up...no one else.

LOVING...that it's summer break. I really don't like getting out this early. I'd rather go til early to mid-June and stay off longer in August. BUT I'll take it! And it's FINALLY sunny out! The whole weekend was dreary, cloudy, and rainy-ish.

THINKING...I really need to clean and organize. At the end of the school year...anything goes in the house.  Between ending the school year, two kids in softball, two in dance (one does both),  awards' nights at their schools... it just gets too busy to worry about a messy house. Hubby helps out A LOT and keeps the downstairs looking presentable... Oldest graduated 8th grade and is VALEDICTORIAN of her class! That's #1 out of over 420 in her 8th grade class! WOW! AMAZING! So, even though I'm not big on 8th grade graduations or parties...we are having one for her (and will have to for the other two when they get there). She's earned it... Little Kid's birthday is this month and I need to get that party started...wait...softball tourneys EVERY WEEKEND IN JUNE... not sure when to squeeze her bday in...

WANTING... some new summer clothes...enough said on that one. Mid-kid bought me a pedicure for Mother's Day, so we are going together to get our toes done this week! 

NEEDING...to plant flowers. My flower beds and pots are currently hosting WEEDS. I am so embarrassed of my flower bed in the back! The prickly stinging weeds are taller than any of my perennials in there. It's BAD, the WORST I've ever seen in 10 years. It's so overwhelming, I don't even know how to attack!  

3 VACAY ESSENTIALS...Sunblock for my pasty skin (and I'm a sun lover), iPod-blaring some fabulous music, and my Camera for the millions of memories I like to capture. Even during the school year I take lots of pics...this school year I had over 800 pics of my students that I set to music for them in an end of year movie!

That's all for now...I have so much to share and blog about...I'll be back-sooner than later...
ENJOY!
Photobucket
 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your daughter graduating valedictorian of her 8th grade class! What a wonderful accomplishment!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your oldest! I bet she is so proud of herself. And I am super jealous about going to get the pedicure. I have been wanting one for weeks and haven't been able to squeeze in the time. Hopefully with the sun appearing by us too, I may have the motivation.
    Enjoy your summer :)
    - Your newest follower, Kendra
    The Social Student Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Congrats to your daughter! I am jealous that she had an 8th grade graduation.. my son's school did nothing. No promotion, no graduation, no recognition of the mile stone at all just kicked him out to high school. I was so disappointed!

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family! I have 1 child going to K, 1 to 4th, 1 to 5th and another will be senior in high school! Yep, a big gap K and 12th!
    Jennifer
    The Extra Energetic Educator
    extraenergeticeducator@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn, I am so glad we found each other in the blogging world! I feel like we have so much in common. I have 2 girls and my oldest also gave the valedictorian speech at her 8th grade promotion 2 weeks ago! I also live in a house with an animal zoo, 2 dogs, a tortoise, guinea pigs and a hamster! It is so nice to be able to make connections with other third grade teachers through the blogging universe!

    Jennifer
    The Blessed Teacher

    ReplyDelete