1. INSTAGRAM--I've joined the Instagram Craze...
SOMETHING I learned that I didn't expect...My kiddos know why I take pics in class without their names showing and faces. They were all excited when I told them I put pics on Instagram to share ideas with other teachers...so they asked if they could follow. I thought...sure why not, I'm not hiding anything and I keep it mostly professional anyhow. Well, they loved the idea, looked me up and added their own comments. Ummmm, I didn't think it all the way through. When I posted a pic that said something like "easy iPad activity"...I meant my audience to be teachers and meant for the "easy" part to be the setting up...not the activity. SO a couple of my students commented that it was NOT easy. Hahahaha. Then one of my little loves called me out by name! As you know or may have figured out...I don't go by my real name on here or anywhere else... It was a great conversation on Wednesday about Internet Safety with a bunch of 3rd graders.
Follow my Instagram here.
2. Meet the Artist- We don't have art teachers or an art class at our school. Once a month, volunteers (moms, dads, aunts, uncles, etc.) come in and teach "Art Appreciation". They focus on one artist each month, give background, then do an art activity with the kids. At the end of the school year we have art week to display the art work from the year and host Meet the Artist. Local artists come in and teach about their artwork. Kids rotate to each station, listen to a short presentation and complete a make it take it. It's really fabulous!
3. WORMS-I've taught How to Eat Fried Worms for the past 15 years. I bring in live worms, we watch how worms turn soil, lots and lots of worms. Here's a kiddo being silly with one of the earthworms I brought in for an activity.
4. Native American Sand Painting- In SS we are studying Native Americans. One little lesson talks about Sand Painting, so the kids made their own sand paintings using colored chalk on construction paper of an ill person they know.
5. Giveaway- If you are reading this and enter the Rafflecopter...YOU have a really good chance of winning the kit below! Click on the pic to take you to the Rafflecopter to enter the giveaway! You won't be disappointed!
I feel like this post is super long and I feel like I could have talked about SO MUCH MORE!
Enjoy your weekend!