Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SNOW DAY! And Testing Signs FREEBIE

SNOW DAY!
We haven't had one in a couple years...Half of Illinois is off of school today. My district waited til the last minute to call off. Which I can see...We all woke up to barely any snow. But the weather guys kept saying...it's coming...it may seem silly that all these schools are calling a snow day already...but they'll be happy they did!
AND WE ARE HAPPY! I am SO Happy that I didn't have to drive home in this! It hasn't stopped snowing since it started! Here's how my kiddos are enjoying it...
Benefits of living in a cul-du-sac...Mini Mountain for sledding.

Anyone ISAT Testing??? Here are some signs I made up to encourage the kids to do their best on the test!
I hang them on my white board...I'm not about cutting tiny little notes and attaching them to each candy X 24 kids, then X 6 tests.
We aren't really "allowed" to hand out candy to kids these days, unless it's for educational purposes in a lesson and conforms to the state calorie intake something or other...But I say it fits just fine...Proven studies say that chewing gum during testing helps with concentration!

So...Here you go...Enjoy if you still can! Click on the picture and it will take you to my TPT store to download for free. Please leave me some positive feedback! Thanks!


If you are off today...ENJOY!
Have a great week...what's left of it.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous you were off today. I was one of only a few schools that was open in IL. Where about in Illinois are you? I teach in Berwyn (Chicago suburb). Thanks for the cute motivational posters.:)

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you had school today! Were you the only ones? I work is near Orland Park. I hope you can get some use out of the posters! I thought they turned out cute, myself ;).
      Thanks for replying and for the feedback on TPT! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I'm your newest follower. Thanks for popping over and following me! It sure looks like you enjoyed your snow day...my son and I did too! It is tough starting ISAT after a snow day, though. I hope your kiddos are doing well!
    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Kids doing well on first two days...I think tomorrow will be tough for them. They are tested out.

      Delete