Friday, March 22, 2013

Five For Friday March 22nd, Spring Break

PHEW! It's FRIDAY and SPRING BREAK BEGINS!
It was a crazy hectic blur of a week!
And I'm joining Doodle Bugs Teaching and her Five for Friday Linky Party...Link UP!
Five for Friday is FiVE RanDoM things about your week!

ONE~New Bag... I haven't bought myself a new bag in over a year... I'm a lover of Guess purses...so that's what I got... Here she is... GORGEOUS!!! She's actually a Huge bag! Looks kinda small in the pic (I even bought the matching wallet).

TWO~Thrift Shop-Macklemore...I CAN NOT get this song out of my head! I had the students singing it all week. I'm gonna pop some tags, only got twenty dollars in my pocket...
Clean version...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-jsCyovGeI

THREE~ Oh The Places...I got the idea off of Pinterest...Read the Dr. Seuss story to kids, chatted a bit about it...Took the kids' pictures in hallway...had them write on 3 balloons...A Dream, A Hope, and A Wish... Turned out ADORABLE...Here's a peek!

Free Balloons from Graphics From the Pond...  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Balloons-FREE-Clipart-Graphics-Set-for-Teaching-Resources







FOUR~ Shamrock Art...I cut out shamrocks with the Ellison Die Cut and have the kids trace several shamrocks on white construction paper. They are only allowed to use greens and yellows to design and decorate their shamrocks. They must use crayon, colored pencils, and markers (different media). When they are finished, they outline the shamrocks in black to make them pop.

My sample...(I totally forgot to take a pic of the kids' finished products hanging in the hall).

FIVE~Harriet Tubman ... Little Kid had to read a Biography for her 3rd grade and make a puppet! She read about Harriet Tubman. I cut up one of my old socks, her big sis sewed some of the dress and head for her, she attached everything and put it all together...and WAH LA!
Looks just like the photo we went off of!

That's only a small part of my crazy week!

ALSO... Big Kid earned Student of the Month for all of 8th Grade...had to give an acceptance speech at the Board of Ed meeting....SO PROUD!
Mid Kid was in the newspaper and earned recognition for her help with United Way...SO PROUD!
Little Kid came home with an award for her Great Character in school this week...SO PROUD!


Ended the school/work week at the bar  local establishment for some beverages with my teacher-friends...good laughs for the
BEGINNING OF
SPRING BREAK!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Love your bulletin board! What a great Seuss activity for older kids.

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I've had so many compliments on it. The kids love looking at the board and (even though they shouldn't be talking in the hallway) I can hear them discussing their hopes and dreams. So sweet.

      Delete
  2. Harriet Tubman is the cutest thing I have ever seen! So adorable! And I am totally stealing your shamrock idea - even if we do it with Easter eggs instead! Brilliant! And your balloon Dr. Seuss project. I have three great new ideas from reading your one post! Awesome!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you said is EXACTLY WHY I DO THIS! I LOVE the fact that you said you are stealing from me and have three new ideas to use!!!! You made my day!

      Delete
  3. I love the balloons! I did the bookmarks like that last year, but the balloons are even better!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My teacher friend did the bookmarks for Mother's Day. They turned out adorable. I got the balloons clip art from...Graphics from the Pond
      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Balloons-FREE-Clipart-Graphics-Set-for-Teaching-Resources

      Delete
  4. Hi Autumn,

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love that little Harriet Tubman doll - I could have used that in my classroom this past week.

    You must be doing something right to have such great kids!

    Love the people holding the balloons!
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I am on spring break too:) I found your blog through a comment you left on Learning in the Little Apple.

    Your balloon bulletin board is so creative and fun!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper
    P.S.
    I am hosting my first linky tomorrow. Check it out if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete