Friday, March 8, 2013

Five for Friday LiNkY! 3/8

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and FiVe RaNDom things about My week! Click on the pic below and Join the party to tell about your week.



 ONE- Monday was NO SCHOOL...thank you very much Pulaski! My kids had school though! So I worked on the computer and here's one of three dogs snuggling up on my leg...
TWO-SNOW Day on Tuesday! Our first in a couple years... My kids were off too...here they are playing outside...
THREE-LOUIE the Leprechaun... Got him out of one of my books...but I SHRUNK him! Now he's small and cute! Kids loved working on him after testing... I hang them all on my ceiling hooks (you'll see some in a moment...)

FOUR- We celebrated Dr. Seuss this week and will continue next week (not enough time this week with testing). We read "The Foot Book", talked about antonyms, and did a little activity.
I wrote a bunch of words on popsicle sticks and had the kids draw a word from the cup...they wrote their word on one foot and wrote the antonym of the word on the other foot...I think they just enjoyed pulling their socks off! One student's foot was sooo sweaty...it left a wet print on the paper!!! EWWWWW :) It was a good giggle!

AND FIVE- We FINISHED our ISAT testing this afternoon and what better way to celebrate than to DANCE! I hooked up my iPod and played Dynamite by Taio Cruz and we ALL danced around the room. Some students started a Line...Here are some, as happy as can be! Can you spot Louie hanging up?!



 Yes, those are AWFUL triangular desks! There's really only one way to group them...into groups of fours. Doesn't give me much freedom in arrangements. We had to separate them for testing...

 There's my 5 randomness things!?

Oh and 6...One of my team mates finished Grad School! YAY for her! We were so excited for her...we got her a cake to celebrate!
Enjoy your weekend!


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Look at all that snow!! Awww. We didn't get any snow this year. :O(

    Triangular desks? Not loving THAT. That must make you crazy! Where do you store their stuff?

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate it! There are TINY baskets attached under the desks. Stuff is CONSTANTLY falling out. We store supplies all over the room. I dislike them...and the crazier thing is that teachers in our district piloted the desks and liked them! Now my whole school is stuck with them (and the teacher who piloted them isn't even at our school). I REALLY tried to like and appreciate them, now I just deal. On these, you can't have a book and a worksheet/paper on the desk at the same time without your papers spilling onto the desk next to them!

      "Autumn"

      Delete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leading me to yours! Now I am your newest follower :)
    Bethany
    fabandfunin4th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! Please stop by and join my Dirty Secret Sunday Linky Party (i need someone to start it off!!!). http://anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2013/03/dirty-little-secret-sunday-linky-party.html

      Thanks,
      "autumn"

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky you are done with ISATs. We have math for three days next week! Uggg!
    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck! Do you only do one test per day???!!! We do three days total...read 1/math 1, read 2/math2, read3/math3... bam...done.
      Good luck!!!
      Please join my linky party...I'm trying to get it going... http://anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2013/03/dirty-little-secret-sunday-linky-party.html

      Thanks,
      "autumn"

      Delete
  4. I am just north of you and we missed out on that snowstorm although we've had our share this year. We may get more tomorrow - ugh!

    I have never seen desks like that before.

    The leprechauns are cute!
    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I Love Louie the Leprechaun. I haven't done him in a couple of years because I didn't have ceiling hooks up.

      Please come back and follow my little Linky Party. I'd really appreciate it. I need to get it moving... short and fun... http://anchoredin3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2013/03/dirty-little-secret-sunday-linky-party.html

      Hope you are without snow! ;)
      "autumn"

      Delete