Sunday, February 17, 2013

FIVE FOR FRIDAY!


My first FIVE FOR FRIDAY Linky over at Doodle Bugs! A couple of days late...But I'm here nonetheless!



 Five Random Things About My Week...

1. I presented the math algorithms at our staff meeting. (see blog post below). I was super happy when a staff member complimented me on my presentation skills! She said she was engaged in the whole thing even though she's not a classroom teacher and doesn't like math! She said my enthusiasm was contagious. How fun! It's nice to receive a great compliment from a staff member!

2. I was writing my newsletter and thinking out loud while students were working on something...and when I was deciding between a period or exclamation to end a sentence...one of my quick, witty students--who sits in a group right by my desk said...."You should just end ALL your sentences with exclamations because that's how you always are". I took that as a compliment!

3. Valentine's Day... So sweet... got some flowers, M&Ms (fave), chocolates, new water cup, giant "Kiss"... home made cards... My students sooo "get" me and my humor! LOVE THEM!


4. We worked on a simple naming fractions activity with M&Ms! It was fun, great discussions on what would happen to the fraction if we ate one M&M...


 5. DEAR-Love a good book...We had some DEAR (drop everything and read) times on Valentine's Day. I have lots of pics of my kids all snuggled up with a good book...but at the moment I have no patience to blur out their faces...so that'll have to wait for another time! They looked ADORABLE...I have a giant bean bag in my room and one girl was smack dab in the center and about 7 kids were in a clock shape lying around the edges! Too cute! Made me smile.

Enjoy your Monday off!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comments on my blog! I really enjoy linking with other third grade teachers. We have a challenging grade level. Check back when your class is ready to play a game with all their times table facts. I posted about a game we play called "Salute"! You can find that post here: http://teachersareterrific.blogspot.com/2013/02/salute.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds Great! Thanks for the link! I will save it and print it at work!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Autumn! I just found your blog through the linky and now I am following along. :)

    Looks like you had a great week! We also used m&m's in a fraction lesson this week. So fun and engaging!

    You sure cleaned up in the gift department. I wish I had a new water cup..I just broke mine last week and I'm lost without it. :)

    What's left of your long weekend...
    Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's my 4th cup from my students...they must think I need lots of water! But I LOVE the cups...it has cut me waaaaay down to one Diet Coke a day! ;)

      Delete