My first FIVE FOR FRIDAY Linky over at Doodle Bugs! A couple of days late...But I'm here nonetheless!
Five Random Things About My Week...
1. I presented the math algorithms at our staff meeting. (see blog post below). I was super happy when a staff member complimented me on my presentation skills! She said she was engaged in the whole thing even though she's not a classroom teacher and doesn't like math! She said my enthusiasm was contagious. How fun! It's nice to receive a great compliment from a staff member!
2. I was writing my newsletter and thinking out loud while students were working on something...and when I was deciding between a period or exclamation to end a sentence...one of my quick, witty students--who sits in a group right by my desk said...."You should just end ALL your sentences with exclamations because that's how you always are". I took that as a compliment!
3. Valentine's Day... So sweet... got some flowers, M&Ms (fave), chocolates, new water cup, giant "Kiss"... home made cards... My students sooo "get" me and my humor! LOVE THEM!
4. We worked on a simple naming fractions activity with M&Ms! It was fun, great discussions on what would happen to the fraction if we ate one M&M...
5. DEAR-Love a good book...We had some DEAR (drop everything and read) times on Valentine's Day. I have lots of pics of my kids all snuggled up with a good book...but at the moment I have no patience to blur out their faces...so that'll have to wait for another time! They looked ADORABLE...I have a giant bean bag in my room and one girl was smack dab in the center and about 7 kids were in a clock shape lying around the edges! Too cute! Made me smile.