Friday, February 1, 2013

CURRENTLY FEBRUARY


 I am once again linking up with FARLEY over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade!
It's always so fun reading other blogs and their "Currently".

Here's Mine!

 OK, so I know it's weird...but I am loving that Hubby lost his job with Hostess! Yes, it's sad, he worked there for 18-19 years...then poof...Hostess/Wonderbread just shuts down in a snap. I was scared at first...and unemployment sucks...BUT he's like Mr. Mom! I work all day, come home to a clean house and dinner ready to go...and he even drives the kids to all their activities! I LOVE IT. He's always been super helpful at home... but this is less stressful (more stressful on the bank account-but somewhat "doable"). I kinda want him to stay unemployed for a little longer then some awesome job would just appear. I mean...he's worked his butt off since he was 15 with no time off...he deserves some time off...

I am in Illinois and it is darn cold here! I HATE cold weather. I'm not even sure why I was born here...hahaha.

So of course...I wish it were warm!

Since our household cut backs...I've waited too long to get my hair done...it's not looking good. My hair girl just texted me and said we may have to cancel my appointment tomorrow morning at 8AM...Her poor little girl slipped in tub, split chin open and they are going to ER. Hair...no big deal...take care of your little cutie! What's another week??????

PET PEEVES...OK, I admit...I have TONS of little pet peeves. I hate lying. Despise Lying. Loathe Lying. I may stretch the truth...then tell that I exaggerated... My family makes fun of me for repeating stories exactly. I hate when adults feel they need to lie. Just say what you need to say. People can take it. Kids lying...don't like that much either... Once you lie to me...the trust is gone.  Inconsistency...I am not always consistent...but most of the time I am...I can't deal with things constantly changing...I can handle change and embrace it...but it's hard when it's different rules for different people... especially at the work place. Open cabinet doors-JUST CLOSE THE DOORS when you are finished! Whiners- People who constantly whine about their lives. How they have it so tough and just can't believe how hard life is... Well, it's what you make of it... and if you whine a lot, you must not be making much of it! I'm not talking about venting or complaining once in a while...I'm talking those whiners...poor me...feel bad for me...I seek compliments constantly...You know those people!

So head on over to Farley and LINK UP! Don't forget to comment on my page...and two before your post...and one after your post...

Guess what? I've learned that the more pages you comment on...the more people will visit your page!

Have a warm weekend! Enjoy the Super Bowl! My Cowboys aren't playing...but I shall enjoy the commercials!

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the February Currently! I too cannot wait for warm weather!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SNOW! yuck...although it does look pretty...

      Delete
  2. Found your blog through the February Currently! Your blog is super cute. I am with you on the pet peeves...especially lying and whining.

    Happy February!

    Kelly
    Thirsty Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's already February!

      Delete
  3. I also found you through Currently. I'm sorry to hear your hubby lost his job. But how neat is he to have dinner ready & to come home to a clean house! Everything happens for a reason & I am sure the good Lord has better plans for him :)

    I can't stand whiners either!! Adult whiners and kid whiners! LOL! I have 4 kids this year that LOVE to whine. I think that's the most whiners I've had in a year. I always tell them "stop singing and talk to me like a bid kid!" hahaha.

    Color Me Kinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I try to think that things happen for a reason.

      Delete
  4. How great to have a Mr. Mom, even though the circumstances aren't good. I agree with you about closing cabinet doors. I would also add closet doors. It's the little things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As I type...there's a cabinet door open in the kitchen...I swear they do it to aggravate me!

      Delete
  5. Yay! So glad I found you through Currently! I love finding other "upper grade" blogs! I teach 4th now, but taught 3rd for 11 years and that's where my heart is!!

    We had to close our business about a year ago and my husband was at home playing Mr. Mom. It was a huge help. He's working now, though, so we are back to trying to share the load.

    I can't stand lying or inconsistency either. I can do some amount of change, but not constant changing. It's way too stressful!! And I am totally with you on the cabinet doors and whiners. They both just need to be shut...

    :O)
    Now following you!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! I think I could teach UP but not go to lower grades.

      Delete
  6. My husband took a 4 year sabbatical from his job and I loved it! I had homemade dinners, he did all the grocery shopping, and cleaned the house. He has since gone back to working but only part time so I still get his great homemade meals!
    JustAnother PBJ Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm enjoying! Homemade dinners, grocery shopping...all of it!

      Delete
  7. Autumn...my best friend growing up was named Autumn and she has red hair...great name! Love your blog - just found you through Farley and am your newest follower! You are such a great and supportive wife...love that you are so supportive of your hubby. Have a great weekend!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I'm so glad to have some more followers!
      My hair is blonde ;)

      Delete
  8. Happy to have found your blog through the Currently linky. My husband changed jobs, less money but also a lot less stress and more help around the house. I think less stress is better than more money!!

    LookingFromThirdtoFourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree...less stress is way better!

      Delete
  9. I'm definitely with you on the WARM WEATHER!!!! I'm so ready for it!! I found you through the currently and am your newest follower!!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete