Sunday, December 2, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!


Liebster Award! WOW! I've been nominated for my first blogging award! This is super exciting!

THANK YOU---I was nominated by 
Stephanie Ann at Sparkling in Third Grade

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:



You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)

11 Random things about ME!
1- My favorite number is 11! No lies! It was my number in any sports I played.
2- I am a HUGE Dallas Cowboys Fan! And since I'm from the Chicago area...this doesn't sit too well with people...I've been a fan since KDG, I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader when I grew up! (this is hysterical to even think about now)
3- I LOVE music. I enjoy just about any genre...except the heavy heavy metal stuff. I sing lots of songs in class (i'm a terrible singer) and I feel everything in life relates to a song...Love Song Pop
4- My favorite holiday is Halloween
5- I play "Smurfs" on my iPad...I have a village and everything that I keep up with 
6- I have a huge stash of cards that I've bought for people and never sent...It's a terrible habit, but I really do have people's hearts on my mind!
7- I like syrup on my ham (when it's a spiral/dinner ham)
8- I have 3 dogs, a cat, and a tortoise that I've taken in from other people or shelters...I have to force myself to say no to anything new...
9- I LOVE to laugh. I laugh at everything. I laugh at inappropriate times...and my eyes water when I laugh
10- I LOVE to talk...a lot...to ANYONE who will listen. I talk to random people in the store...anywhere. I strike up conversations with anyone near...again,  I like to laugh
11- I have a tattoo on my right foot of 3 daisies that covers my whole foot and plan on getting more tattoos! 

Stephanie Ann's Questions:
  1. How long have you been teaching and what grades have you taught? I've been teaching for 15 years...ALL IN 3rd Grade.
  2. What do you usually do on a Friday or Saturday night? Friday night...I do NOTHING. I watch TV and just chill. Saturdays are spent with my Husband and Kids...
  3. What do you like the most about the school that you teach at? I love my teacher-neighbor...and the fact that we can teach how we want as long as standards are taught/met
  4. What do you like best about being a teacher? Inspiring and turning those kids who didn't much like school into kids who love school...and laughing
  5. If you hadn't become a teacher, what would you have been and why? I was originally going to go into accounting because I liked number crunching...THANK The LORD I did not!
  6. What is your best teaching memory? This is hard...I have over 15 years of memories... When I student taught...I met a kid in the office the day I was meeting my Cooperating Teacher...He was getting in trouble for picking up a girl over his head and throwing her to the floor...Turns out this kid was in my class...I started an after school extra help program and he stayed after every day. His behavior and grades greatly improved...I looked him up years later and he went on to College at Marquette University and played basketball for them! I wish there was a way to tell him how proud of him I am!!!! Go JM! 
  7. What is your worst teaching memory? Having to report a child and family to the DCFS.
  8. Who or what is your inspiration for being a good teacher? Dr. A. White at EIU...My cousin who I helped teach to read...JM...MAM...HO...my own children... So many people
  9. Chocolate or fruity? Fruity
  10. In the spirt of cyber Monday, what is your favorite store to shop online? Tough one...Love me some Fern, Deanna Jump... There's soooo many!
  11. What blog was your biggest inspiration when you decided to start your blog and why? I LOVE ME SOME FARLEY! Although I don't create tons of worksheets at this time...I feel like I have a lot to talk about and offer. I hope others can get something from my brutal honesty. I started off on my blog a little shy...but I will come out of my shell soon...Just like "autumn" is not my real name...I've been pretty secretive about location and names. ;)

Lindsey's Questions:

1. What is your favorite part of blogging? Any comments from others and  helping others
  • 2. What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? ELF!
    3. What is your favorite topic to teach? Novel study...How To Eat Fried Worms
    4. Where and what grade do you teach? Suburbs of Chicago, 3rd grade
    5. What is the last great book you read? Great book???? Fifty Shades... I've read plenty after that...
    6. What is your favorite TpT purchase? (leave a link) Rockin' Reader's Workshop 
    7. What is your favorite pin on Pinterest? (leave a link) HA!
    8. What is your go to blog? (leave a link) Fultz's and Farley
    9. What could you not live without? My family and my iPod
    10. What is your favorite teacher tool? Elmo/projector 
    11. What is your favorite teaching website? (leave a link) This was a hard one...Super Teacher Worksheets for quick action

    I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Blog Award:


    My questions for YOU!


    1. What's your favorite song?
    2. What's one thing you wish you could give up?
    3. What's the next book you think I should read?
    4. Who inspired you to become a teacher?
    5. What's your favorite app and WHY?
    6. What is your favorite go-to snack?
    7. What is in your top left desk drawer?
    8. What's the funniest or most embarrassing thing to happen to you?
    9. What time do you go to bed at night?
    10. Do you wake up by beeping alarm, music, or what?
    11. What's your favorite thing about teaching?



    THIS WAS THE LONGEST POST EVER...This one took the longest!

    Have a wonderful week!

    autumn

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much for the nomination but I have already been nominated and have done the post! Thanks for the comment love and I'll follow you too!

    Alyse
    Keep Calm and Apple On

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that after the fact! I thought I was being sooo good at checking. It took me forever to find blogs and a week to work on that post! Sorry! And thanks for following back!

    ReplyDelete