Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Craze, COWBOYS, Freebie!!!

Happy after Christmas craze! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday! I did and I am so thankful Christmas is early in our break...now we have the next week and a half to do as we please...no rushing around! Of course, since the big rush is over and I can somewhat relax...I woke up with a cold! GRRRRRRR! However, I think this is my first cold of the season!
 
Kids had a great Christmas! They got what they wanted and appreciated everything! In fact...I haven't seen or heard from my children all day...ahhhhhhhhhh.
Loved visiting with family...we are
SO
LOUD.
ALL.
THE.
TIME.
Good times.
Lots of laughs!

My Cowboys NEED to win Sunday night! They need the WIN against Washington to advance. Please, please win.  A student bought me a Dallas Cowboys insulated cup and I'm so excited to use it...if I can ever get to washing it before I use it! I'll put that tops on my list for tomorrow!
 Go Cowboys! 
Although...I'm NOT jealous of all the snow y'all got in Texas! I got Nothin' in Illinois! Woo hoo! Easy driving on Christmas.

My hubby and kids bought me my GIANT fork and spoon from Pier 1 that I've been wanting for YEARS! Here's a pic of them leaning against my family room wall! They are about 3 feet tall.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I also created a 12 Days of Reading activity for my students to complete over break. Big Kid, and Mid Kid said I was mean for making students do homework over break...but it's not a difficult assignment and I gave each student their own novel with points from Scholastic...Hold them accountable for their bright, shiny new book!  Here it is...It's on TPT. Since I'm working on my work laptop (my MAC went kaput 2 weeks ago!!!!! and I need to get it in to the Apple Store)...I can't get the screenshot right...sorry for the icky picture of it!
Feel free to use for next year...I meant to get it uploaded before break, didn't happen with the tragedies and soft lock down that happened (recall the 2 escapees near Chicago?!). It was a CRAZY couple of weeks.

that's all for now...
I hope you are able to enjoy some restful days...

Photobucket 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your fork and spoon! That is awesome. Glad you had a great holiday with your family. I am hosting a giveaway and would love for you to stop by and check it out. Happy New Year!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Your freebies look fabulous! I will blog about it tomorrow!

      Delete