Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crazy, Squiggle, 7000 Points, AND HICCUPS

Craziness. I haven't been able to keep up with life in general (as you can see I haven't posted in almost a full month!). I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! I've been running my kids to all their activities with the help of my husband...but it's been NON-STOP. Seriously. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Poms for Mid-Kid is done this week. That'll free up one day on weekend and two days during week (sort of). Religious Ed started for kids on Wed. night. Small-Kid and Mid-Kid are both in dance 2x a week...Big-Kid has softball...all.the.time. Looking forward to x-ing one activity off the list...although I really enjoyed the football half time games and Mid-Kid LOVED Poms.

Work. Crazy. We tested non-stop in September...AimsWeb testing...then Discovery testing...then Terra Nova Testing. I JUST started guided reading LAST WEEK! I JUST started guided math LAST WEEK! BUT I got my newsletter up and running for my class. Made a group list to email all class parents at once...so that's good! Finally to a somewhat "normal" schedule. Looking forward to getting to REALLY know my students!

In the midst of all this nutso stuff...I made a digital copy of an activity I've done for 15 years. I can't remember where I got the idea from (Mailbox, Highlights...something like that)...but nonetheless...here's a digital copy you can purchase at TPT for $2.00. It's the first thing I'm putting a price on...everything else has been free. It's 30 pages! The two samples below will link you to my TPT store...just click on one of the photos. These were made last week by my 3rd graders! I thought these two were very creative!
 Mustache
Pelican


I used Laura Candler's Scholastic Book Orders Kit to push the $350 order for 7000 bonus points...It worked! I only had a week and a half and made it to $375! Scholastic is offering 7000 bonus points for October also! Here's Laura's link...use her ideas...The visual stars...letter...everything! http://corkboardconnections.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-earn-7000-scholastic-bonus-points.html

I am making a goal to post sooner this time...I am feeling fantastic that I have grades caught up, graded papers caught up...

My class even has Halloween stuff hanging!

OMG! So let me tell you about my hiccuping student today...He is the sweetest student...works hard, well behaved...everything you'd want in a student. Students were taking a Science test today and he could not stop hiccuping! I was working with a student at the back table on her test...I casually walked over to where he sits...and yelled "WHY ARE YOU HICCUPING?!" Well I scared him and most of the class to death! BUT IT WORKED! His hiccups went away. I apologized for scaring him out of his seat. I went back to the table to continue to help my other student and Mr. Hiccup made eye-contact with me and gave me a cute thumbs up! So sweet and I helped cure him. Made my day (especially after the Cowboys big loss last night)!

**Anyone want to share a fun/cute/funny student story that's happened this school year?** Please comment! I'd love to hear your stories!

Enjoy your week!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment